What To Bring
- Please remember to bring your ski boots, outerwear, goggles, gloves & helmet.
- As we are remotely located and all gear is transported, as you are, by helicopter. We ask that you each pack lightly and limit your luggage to one bag of 25 pounds, not including your ski boots. If you plan to bring skis, please note that if there is no room on the helicopter, they may be left behind.
- If you are flying, we recommend that you carry your boots on as carry-on baggage. If your bag does not make it, we can outfit you with clothing, but without your boots, skiing won’t be very fun.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the main lodge. This is a Satellite system and is great for keeping in touch via email while at the lodge. It is not designed for streaming videos, downloading large data files, or video conferencing. It is free for your use, but please don’t expect the same speeds as you get at home.
- There is a Satellite phone and VoIP line available for use if required.
- Any special requests or dietary requirements or allergies should please be communicated to us well in advance of your trip by filling out our Personal Information Form to ensure we have all the information we require. Once you are at the Lodge, logistics to fill any of these needs is next to impossible. Please give us as much info as needed, well in advance.
What to pack:
- Ski boots or snowboard boots
- Goggles, gloves, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Outerwear suitable for all conditions and temperatures.
- Clothing layers so you can adjust for comfort.
- Bathing suit for the hot tub.
- Casual clothing, slippers or shoes to wear in the lodge.
- Prescriptions, carry in two places, one with you and one with your luggage, in case your luggage gets misplaced.
Backcountry Safety Equipment:
Silvertip Lodge fits every guest with a small backpack, (Avalanche Airbag or Regular Pack) that includes a shovel and an avalanche probe.
We also provide a radio and avalanche transceiver for everyone.
Personal Electronic Devices:
Research has proven that any electronic device that sends or receives a wireless signal has the potential to interfere with the function of an avalanche transceiver. This interference can compromise the capabilities of the transceiver and make it more difficult to rescue a buried person in the event of an avalanche. With your safety as our top priority, we ask that you refrain from carrying any electronic device that may cause interference with an avalanche transceiver.
Please do not bring the following:
- Skis, ski poles and avalanche safety equipment.
- Electrical appliances and blow dryers.
- Alcoholic beverages, we offer a wide selection of wine, spirits, and beer for purchase.
- Large hard-sided suitcases.