What To Bring
What to pack for your trip to Silvertip Lodge :
- Carry-on bag with ski boots, helmet, goggles, gloves. Please make sure your ski/snowboard boots are NOT packed in your checked luggage.
- Suitcase of a maximum of 25-30 pounds ( no large hard-sided suitcases )
- High quality outerwear ( Gore-Tex or similiar ) for all conditions and temperatures
- Base layers / Midlayer ( insulation or fleece )
- Warm headwear / buff face protection
- Ski socks
- Casual clothing, slippers or light shoes to wear in the lodge
- Regular boots (mud/snow)
- Bathing suit (sauna/spa/hot tub)
- Sunglasses /Sunscreen/chapstick
- Basic toiletries and medication
- No need to bring shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion as they are supplied in each bathroom
- Airline Tickets
- Passport / ID
- Visa (if applicable)
- Extra goggles
- Extra gloves/mittens
- If you are bringing a laptop computer, please pack it in your carry-on to bring on the plane. Turbulance can cause luggage to shift in the hold of the aircraft, and possibly damage your computer.
What to wear on your flight:
On the morning of your flight from Air Elite terminal building to Silvertip Lodge, we strongly suggest that you dress in your winter gear.
- Please remember to bring your ski boots, outerwear, goggles, gloves & helmet.
- As we are remotely located and all gear is transported, as you are by helicopter, we ask that you each pack lightly and limit your luggage to one (soft sided) bag of 25 pounds (not including your ski boots).
- If you are flying to Vancouver, please carry your boots on as carry-on baggage. If your bag does not make it due to your commerical airline’s fault, we can outfit you with clothing, but without your boots, skiing won’t be very much fun.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout our property. This is a Satellite system and is great for keeping in touch via email while at the lodge. It is not designed for streaming videos, downloading large data files, or video conferencing. It is free for your use, but please don’t expect the same speeds as you get at home. Please remember to pack your laptop in your carry on bag.
- Any special requests or dietary requirements or allergies should please be communicated to us well in advance of your trip, by filling out our Guest Information Form . Once you are at the Lodge, logistics to fill any of these needs is next to impossible. Please give us as much info as needed, well in advance.
Backcountry Safety Equipment:
Silvertip Lodge outfits every guest with a small backpack, (Avalanche Airbag or Regular Pack) that includes a shovel and an avalanche probe. We also provide a radio and avalanche transceiver for everyone.
Personal Electronic Devices:
Research has proven that any electronic device that sends or receives a wireless signal, has the potential to interfere with the function of an avalanche transceiver. This interference can compromise the capabilities of the transceiver, and make it more difficult to rescue a buried person in the event of an avalanche. With your safety as our top priority, we ask that you refrain from carrying any electronic device that may cause interference with an avalanche transceiver.
Please do not bring the following:
- Skis, ski poles and avalanche safety equipment.
- Electrical appliances and blow dryers.
- Alcoholic beverages, we offer a wide selection of wine, spirits, and beer for purchase.
- Large hard-sided suitcases.