Planning Your Trip
Silvertip Heli-Skiing Bespoke Packages
Silvertip Lodge heli-skiing is the most remote, rustic and exclusive heli-ski experience in Canada. Located in the majestic Cariboo Mountains in British Columbia, the Silvertip experience is flexible and able to deliver the custom private heli-skiing experience that you and your group seek. With a minimum tour length of three (3) days, let us work with you to create a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Several weeks are open to individual bookings each year. Please check our availability to see the weeks that have remaining space.
What To Bring:
- Please remember to bring your ski boots, outerwear, goggles, gloves & helmet.
- As we are remotely located and all gear is transported, as you are, by helicopter. We ask that you each pack lightly and limit your luggage to one bag of 25 pounds, not including your ski boots. If you plan to bring skis, please note that if there is no room on the helicopter, they may be left behind.
- If you are flying, we recommend that you carry your boots on as carry-on baggage. If your bag does not make it, we can outfit you with clothing, but without your boots, skiing won’t be very fun.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the main lodge. This is a Satellite system and is great for keeping in touch via email while at the lodge. It is not designed for streaming videos, downloading large data files, or video conferencing. It is free for your use, but please don’t expect the same speeds as you get at home.
- There is a Satellite phone and VoIP line available for use if required.
- Any special requests or dietary requirements or allergies should please be communicated to us well in advance of your trip by filling out our Personal Information Form to ensure we have all the information we require. Once you are at the Lodge, logistics to fill any of these needs is next to impossible. Please give us as much info as needed, well in advance.
What to pack:
- Ski boots or snowboard boots
- Goggles, gloves, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Outerwear suitable for all conditions and temperatures.
- Clothing layers so you can adjust for comfort.
- Bathing suit for the hot tub.
- Casual clothing, slippers or shoes to wear in the lodge.
- Prescriptions, carry in two places, one with you and one with your luggage, in case your luggage gets misplaced.
What to Expect
To start the day, guests have the option of a stretch class, followed by a delicious breakfast.
Then it’s time to head to the helicopter for a day of heli-skiing that you’ll not forget. A break for lunch on the hill perhaps or maybe you’ll want to return to the lodge for a hot meal before hitting the slopes again in the afternoon. The choice is up to you!
Following your epic day, you can relax in the lodge and enjoy delicious après-ski drinks and hors-d’oeuvres. You may then want to visit the spa for a massage and soak in the hot tub.
Finally, the end of your day includes a gourmet meal and after-dinner drinks at the bar. Again, it’s up to you!
Travelling To Silvertip Lodge
Guests fly from Vancouver South Terminal (YVR) to Williams Lake Airport (YWL) in the morning of their departure date. From Williams Lake Airport, a helicopter transports clients for a 45-minute flight to Silvertip Lodge. The Silvertip staff will be waiting for your arrival in Williams Lake to handle any final details of your trip, ensuring that you start your holiday as soon as you arrive at the lodge! From Vancouver International Airport (YVR) the estimated total travel time is approximately 2.5 hours to Silvertip Lodge.
Please take the time to review and read this release of liability before your trip to Silvertip Lodge. Discuss its content with your family, as appropriate.
You will be asked to sign a copy of this waiver in Kelowna, BC. before boarding the helicopter for Silvertip Lodge.
Other Silvertip Winter Activities
You don’t have to be an expert heli-skier to love Silvertip Lodge but we recommend being a strong intermediate skier. However, if you decide to book the lodge as a private group, you can then bring non-skier friends and family to the lodge!
There are marked snowshoe trails a few minutes from the lodge where guests can snowshoe through a winter wonderland of old-growth cedar trees, or even along the beaches of Quesnel Lake.
Cross-country ski tracks are set along a trail leading to the landing airstrip and along the base of the Blue Lead Peak. The trails are surrounded by a cedar forest with viewpoints of the lake and mountains, ensuring guests have a memorable experience.