Winter Booking & Cancellation Policy 2024
Booking & Cancellation Policy | Effective on all tours booked for the 2024 season
- To confirm a reservation, guests are required to provide a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- An invoice for the deposit will be provided with payment instructions. The invoice is due upon booking to hold your reservation.
- If the deposit isn’t paid by the agreed date, we will release your booking and reserve the right to sell the package to another party.
- The final non-refundable 75% payment is due 90 days before the start of a tour.
- In cases where the full payments are not received by the due date, Silvertip Heli-Skiing reserves the right to release the space, and your deposit will be forfeited.
- By booking and paying for a tour, guests agree to accept Silvertip Heli-Skiing Terms and Conditions, required waiver and Booking & Cancellation policies. Please ensure you have read them in their entirety before you book your trip.
- Guests are also encouraged to familiarize themselves with Silvertip Heli-Skiing website pages including What to bring, Planning Your Trip, and a Typical Tour.
- All trips include unlimited helicopter time, there will be no additional charges added for vertical or helicopter use. Helicopter use may at times be limited by weather and snowpack conditions for safety reasons, at the discretion of the pilots or guides. Each tour is guaranteed the following vertical:
- 7 Day Package – 80000 ft / 24,500 m
- 6 Day Package- 70000 ft / 21,300 m
- 5 Day Package – 50000 ft / 15,240 m
- 4 Day Package – 40000 ft / 12,200 m
- 3 Day Package – 30000 ft / 9,200 m
- If the guaranteed vertical is not reached due to poor weather or inability to fly, Silvertip Heli-Skiing will provide refunds of $100 per 1,000 vertical feet as a credit for the following year. If a guest chooses to take time off from skiing, the vertical that was made available to the rest of the group will be applied to that guest, and count toward their guaranteed vertical for the trip.
Making a Payment
- Silvertip Heli-Skiing accepts cheques, email transfers, wire transfers, and most major credit cards.
- Payment by email transfer can be sent to email@example.com
- Payment by credit card can be accepted through your Flywire invoice or over the phone at +1 778-208-7044. If payment is made over the phone, a 3.4% service charge is applied. Please note that Canadian credit card payments only accept Visa and Mastercard.
- When making a payment on Flywire, addresses that have a P.O. Box number, will NOT be accepted. The purpose of this is to reduce the risk of fraud to the payer.
- Payments by cheque should be made out to ‘Silvertip Lodge Heli-Skiing Ltd.’ and can be sent by mail to the following address: Silvertip Lodge Heli-Skiing Ltd. PO BOX 4092, Williams Lake, BC, V2G 2V6 Canada
- All our rates are quoted in Canadian dollars and are exclusive of taxes.
- Guests can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with confirmation that a wire has been sent using your invoice number as a payment reference.
- Massages, alcoholic beverages, extra transfers and retail purchases, are not included in the package price and can be purchased at the lodge.
- Extra transfers may be planned or could occur in the event of emergency. We strongly recommend the purchase of insurance to ensure you are covered.
- In the unlikely event that the helicopter cannot fly to the lodge due to poor weather or other safety concerns, Silvertip Heli-Skiing assumes no responsibility for costs incurred by guests having to find alternate accommodation and meals.
Terms and Conditions
- All payments received are non-refundable.
- Every guest will be asked to read, understand and sign a release of liability before arrival at the lodge.
- Every guest must participate in mandatory safety training and orientations. Guests are expected to listen and follow guide and staff safety instructions at all times during their stay.
- It is expected that guests arrive in a fit state to ski or board, and to participate in all safety training and orientations. Consumption of recreational drugs or alcohol is prohibited until the helicopter is shut down, and all safety orientations are complete.
- Failure to comply with the terms and conditions may result in the inability to participate in skiing. Silvertip Heli-Skiing reserves the right to ask that guests who are non-compliant stay in the lodge for the day, or in extreme cases guests may be required to leave early.
- All cancellations must be received by telephone at 1-778-208-7044 or confirmed in writing by email to email@example.com
- If you find a replacement guest, you will incur a $250 administrative fee. It is the responsibility of the guest, not Silvertip Heli-Skiing, to find a valid replacement guest. If a guest is not found, your trip is non-refundable.
- Should events beyond our control, including but not limited to force majeure, government regulation or advisory, pandemic, disaster, fire, earthquake or extreme inclement weather, making your trip impractical or impossible, Silvertip Heli-Skiing may cancel your trip upon written notice.
- Silvertip Heli-Skiing strongly recommends purchasing trip insurance which covers you for cancellation, delay or injury.
- You will not receive a refund from Silvertip Heli-Skiing if you do not take your trip, or your trip is shortened for these reasons.
- You should also ensure that you have adequate medical and evacuation insurance to cover costs in the event of an injury.
- For more information and to purchase insurance, please contact Acera Insurance or call 1-877-542-8577 for a free quote.
Private Group Rebooking Policy
- Our private group bookings come with first right of refusal on the tour aligning with the same days as booked in the current season. In order to exercise this right, guests have two weeks following the last date of their tour to confirm their booking for the next season. If a deposit has not been paid within the two week period, the tour will be opened up for other guests to book.
Visiting Canada as a Tourist
- Most people need a Visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. (US Citizens will only require a passport).
- Be prepared: Apply for an eTA as soon as possible. Most applicants are approved within minutes. However, there is the possibility of a delay or a denial.
- Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp for more information.
- Silvertip Heli-Skiing is not responsible or liable to make any refunds, for guests who are denied an eTA. Note that a denied or delayed eTA or denied entry at the Canadian Border is not covered by Travel Insurance.
Personal Information Form
- In order to finalize any booking, we require that each guest fills out our online Guest Information Form.
- Silvertip Heli-Skiing strongly recommends allowing for adequate time, when booking your commercial flights to and from Vancouver, B.C. Potential delays such as weather, baggage issues and airport operations can occur.
- Silvertip Heli-Skiing is not responsible for your travel between your respective hotel to the Air Elite Terminal Building and the Vancouver International airport.
- Silvertip Heli-Skiing is not responsible for flight cancellations, delays or missed flights with your respective airline, from your country of origin to Vancouver, B.C.
- In the case of a missed, cancelled or delayed flight resulting in a guest missing the private charter flight from Vancouver to Silvertip Heli-Skiing, the guest is responsible for travelling to Williams Lake Airport, and any costs incurred to get them to the Lodge.
- Silvertip Heli-Skiing is not responsible for delays of flights from the Lodge to Vancouver due to weather or any other circumstances out of their direct control.
*Silvertip Heli-Skiing reserves the right to make changes to the booking policy in future years.