Booking & Cancellation Policy
COVID-19 Policy | Effective on tours booked after March 15, 2021
Guest cancellation due to COVID-19
- The 25% deposit is fully refundable until 120 days prior to the tour start date. Alternatively, guests can use this deposit as credit towards the 2022 ski season.
- The final 75% payment is fully refundable until 90 days prior to the start of the tour.
- In the event that a guest is prohibited from leaving their home country or from entering Canada due to COVID-19, Silvertip Lodge will offer a credit equal to the 2022 rate of the package the guest purchased in 2021. This credit will be applied towards a trip during the 2022 ski season.
- Should a guest want to cancel within 90 days, for reasons not due to COVID-19 travel bans, the standard Silvertip Lodge cancellation policy will take effect.
Silvertip Lodge cancellation due to COVID-19
- Silvertip Lodge will continue to comply with all Public Health Agency of Canada standards and all Canadian Government recommendations regarding tourism business practices. Should Silvertip Lodge be required to cancel tours due to COVID-19, all guests affected will receive a full refund.
- Silvertip Lodge reserves the right to cancel tours at any time prior to the start of a tour should there not be enough guests due to COVID-19 cancellations. Affected guests will be offered a refund, credit or change of date option during the current ski season
- To confirm a reservation, guests are required to provide a 25% deposit. An invoice for the deposit will be provided with payment instructions and due date of the final payment.
- The final non-refundable 75% payment is due 90 days before the start of a tour.
- By booking and paying for a tour, guests agree to accept Silvertip Lodge terms and conditions, waiver and cancellation policies.
- Please ensure you have read the terms and conditions in detail before you book your trip.
- Guests are encouraged to familiarize themselves with Silvertip Lodge website pages including What to bring, Planning Your Trip, and a Typical Tour.
- All trips include unlimited helicopter time, there will be no additional charges added for vertical or helicopter use. Helicopter use may at times be limited by weather and snowpack conditions for safety reasons at the discretion of the pilots or guides. Each tour is guaranteed the following vertical.
- 7 Day Package – 80000 ft / 24,500 m
- 6 Day Package- 70000 ft / 21,300 m
- 5 Day Package – 50000 ft / 15,240 m
- 4 Day Package – 40000 ft / 12,200 m
- 3 Day Package – 30000 ft / 9,200 m
- If the guaranteed vertical is not reached due to poor weather or inability to fly, Silvertip Lodge will provide refunds of $100 per 1,000 vertical feet as a credit for the following year. If a guest chooses to take time off from skiing, the guaranteed vertical will be applied to the skiing that was made available to the rest of the group.
Making a Payment
- Silvertip Lodge accepts cheques, email transfers, wire transfers, and all major credit cards.
- Payment by email transfer can be sent to email@example.com
- Payment by credit card can be accepted over the phone at +1 778-208-7044 or for purchases made during your trip, upon check out at the lodge.
- Payments by cheque should be made out to ‘Silver Tip Lodge Heli-Skiing Ltd.’ and can be sent by mail to the following address: Silver Tip Lodge Heli-Skiing Ltd. PO BOX 1987, Golden, BC, V0A 1H0 Canada
- *All our rates are quoted in Canadian dollars and are exclusive of taxes.
- Guests can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with confirmation that a wire has been sent using your invoice number as a payment reference.
- Extra Charges: Massage, Alcoholic beverages, and Extra transfers.
- Massage, alcoholic beverages, extra transfers and retail purchases, are not included in the package price and can be purchased at the lodge.
Terms and Conditions
- All payments received are non-refundable.
- Every guest will be asked to read, understand and sign a release of liability before arrival at the lodge.
- Every guest must participate in mandatory safety training and orientations. Guests are expected to listen and follow guide and staff safety instructions at all times during their stay.
- It is expected that guests arrive in a fit state to ski or board, and to participate in all safety training and orientations. Consumption of recreational drugs or alcohol is prohibited until the helicopter is shut down and all safety orientations are complete.
- Failure to comply with the terms and conditions may result in the inability to participate in skiing. Silvertip reserves the right to ask that guests who are non-compliant stay in the lodge for the day, or in extreme cases guests may be required to leave early.
- In the unlikely event that the helicopter cannot fly to the lodge due to poor weather, Silvertip Lodge assumes no responsibility for costs incurred by guests having to find alternate accommodation and meals.
- Silvertip Lodge strongly recommends purchasing trip insurance which covers you for cancellation, delay or injury.
- You will not receive a refund from Silvertip Lodge if you do not take your trip or your trip is shortened for these reasons.
- You should also ensure that you have adequate medical and evacuation insurance to cover costs in the event of injury.
- If you would like to book your insurance please do so by contacting Lifestyle Financial for a free quote.
Visiting Canada as a Tourist
- Most people need a Visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. (US Citizens will only require a passport)..
- Be prepared: Apply for an eTA as soon as possible. Most applicants are approved within minutes. However, there is the possibility of a delay or a denial.
- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp for more information.
- Silver Tip Lodge is not responsible, or liable to make any refunds, for guests who are denied an eTA. Note that a denied or delayed eTA or denied entry at the Canadian Border is not covered by Travel Insurance.